Windows 10 20H1 updates for Insiders in the Fast Ring to build 18895. It’s just one number than the previous one, released just yesterday: predictably, the news is few – indeed, only one, but rather important. The Your Phone app, which didn’t work in the previous build, has been fixed.
There are no other bug fixes, and – except of course for Your Phone – even the list of known problems remains exactly that. Very briefly:
- The “usual” problem of incompatibility with some anti-cheat software persists. Microsoft has already explained that, due to necessary changes at the kernel level, manufacturers must update their titles. Most, they say from Redmond, has already done so.
- Some Realtek SD players don’t work
- Problems displaying search UI in the taskbar when connecting to a VM via Remote Desktop
- Night View does not activate on some devices with quick start enabled until the system is restarted.
- Showy Lag when dragging emoji and dictation panels.
- Tamper Protection may automatically turn off by switching to this build.
- The color filter in the Accessibility menu may require activation twice before being active
- Some items in the Start menu are not localized in French, Russian and Chinese
- Occasionally the IME for Traditional Chinese, Japanese and Simplified Chinese does not open
- The EMI for the alphabet bopomofo (used for teaching traditional Chinese) has a problem in which
- the characters pass by themselves to the full width when the half-width is selected.
The build, reports Microsoft, will not be available for the following editions of Windows 10:
- Windows 10 Home N x64 in Hungarian and Portuguese
- Windows 10 Home x64 in Spanish, Korean and Czech
- Windows 10 Pro x64 in Mexican and Latvian