How to Fix WiFi Keeps Disconnecting Windows 10?
Many windows 10 laptops and wifi keeps disconnecting automatically and many users facing this problem. For which behind the reason you have maybe installed the old driver on your laptop or computer. So, you must fix WiFi keeps disconnecting windows 10. If you are facing this problem the first time on your computer, then you go to these simple steps and check every time if frequent wifi disconnection has solved.
- Restart your wifi manually. Don’t forget to check to fix the issue.
- Reboot your computer. Check if the problem is fixed.
If the steps didn’t work then you follow these steps.
Fix 1. Wifi driver uninstall and reinstall
In your laptop, if the wifi auto-updated recently then you check then there is a possibility that your wifi driver is old and temporary files in its driver folder. Then you uninstall and install solve this problem.
- Right-click on the windows icons on the left side corner and scroll the mouse and click on the “device manager”.
- In this device manager utility window, you will have many devices as a list.
- Look for the “ Network Adapter” devices and click on it to see the available delivers.
- And now you have to do is right-click on the wifi driver and then click on “ uninstall device”.
Wifi driver will be uninstall
In the next step, we will install the wifi driver again.
Step 1:You simple restart the computer and windows will install the uninstalled driver itself.
Then you have your wifi driver working fine again.
Step 2: If restarting your computer didn’t install the driver then you have installed the driver yourself. Follow to install the driver.
- In the device manager window, click on “Action” in the device manager top menu bar.
- And then click on “Scan for hardware changes”
- This will find the uninstalled the driver and install the driver again.
Step 3: If step 2 is not working then install the driver follow the next steps.
- On the device manager, you click on “View” on the top menu bar. After that, you have to click on “ Scan for hardware changes”.
- This will show the hidden drivers.
- Look out for your wifi driver in the list drivers.
- Right Click on your wifi driver and click on the “Update drivers software”
Fix 2: Keep your wifi driver ON
Sometimes it may happen is that windows are turning off this device whenever it is going into sleep mode. This will make you are facing a problem. Follow these steps to keep your wifi driver ON when your computer is in sleep mode.
- At first, you press windows keys+S and then type “ Network Connections”.
- Click on the “Network Connections” in the search box.
- Presently, right-click on the wifi you are currently utilizing. Click on “Properties”
- Then click on the “Configure” option in the properties window.
- Go to the “Power Management” tab.
- Then, uncheck the box for “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
- Now click on “OK” to save the changes.
- Restart your computer. And check if the problem is still there or not. If your problem is still there then you go for the next solution.
Fix 3: Change network to private
- Click on the wifi icon located in the Taskbar.
- Click on Properties located below your connected wifi name.
- Change Network Profile from the public to Private.
Fix 4: Reset TCP/IP configuration
- First cmd in windows 10 Search box.
- Then right-click on Command prompt icon and run as administrator.
- Now Copy-paste the following commands given below one by one in the command prompt and hit Enter after each of them.
Fix 5: Switch Network from the public to Private
Security reasons, windows 10 keeps disconnecting after a certain time period. So, switching your network from public to private does the trick. Here is how to change the network from public to private.
- Press windows keys+R together at once to open the run command box.
- Now copy and paste the location given below to open the wifi setting.
- Click on your Connected wifi network which shows.
- Now, select the Private radio option as your Network Option on the Next page.
Read more: How to remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark?
How do I fix my wifi from automatically disconnecting?
Top 8 ways to fix Andriod wifi keeps disconnecting and reconnecting issue
- Reconnect to the Network.
- Forget Previously Connected Network.
- Disable interfering Apps.
- Restart your phone.
- Check Router setting.
- Restart the wifi Router.
- Check Router Settings.
- Update Router Firmware.