How to create an Invisible folder on your Windows 10 desktop
Not many people are aware of this but it is possible to create an invisible folder on your Windows 10 desktop. Some people consider it as a hidden folder because they have never heard of an invisible folder before. It is not a hidden folder. There are other ways of hiding a folder which leads to Windows removing the folder from the File Explorer. If you don’t know how to create an invisible folder in windows? Then this tutorial will help you.
On the other hand, if you make a folder invisible it stays on the file explorer but it becomes transparent. If you create an invisible folder on the desktop and move it or the corner of the screen it will appear completely invisible. You won’t feel the need to hide the files on your desktop. You will be able to use it like other folders on your computer desktop.
It is very easy to create an invisible folder on your Windows 10 desktop by following some simple steps. You can keep the folder on the desktop and you will have easy access to it.
Benefits of creating an invisible folder
There are many benefits associated with creating an invisible folder on your Windows 10 desktop such as:
- It helps keep your private documents secure
- No one will have access to your private files
- You can protect valuable data from other people or your friends and family
Also, Read How to Customize Icons in Windows
Guide on creating an invisible folder on your Windows 10 desktop
Follow these steps to create an invisible folder on your Windows 10 desktop:
- Create a new folder
- Once the folder is created on the desktop right-click on the folder and then select rename.
- Press Alt + 016 (use the number pad of your keyboard for this). This is how you will get your folder name as an invisible ASCII.
- This step is crucial. You have to make sure that the icon of your folder is invisible. For this go to the properties of the folder.
- In the properties, you will find the customize option and in that option, you will find the “change icon”.
- You will find a variety of different icons which will make it easier for you to choose the one that fits the best according to your requirements.
- Choose the icon that you want and then click “Ok”. The icon will go invisible and turn blue
This is how you will be able to create an invisible folder on the Windows 10 desktop without any difficulty. The process is super easy. Make sure to follow all the steps in sequence in order to create the most perfect invisible folder on Windows 10.
Make a folder visible again
If you are someone who wants to make an invisible folder visible then right-click on the folder and enter the properties. In the customize tab you will find the option of “change icon”. Now select a regular icon for your folder and then you will be able to see the folder again.